Saturday, February 14, 2009

Here we go to PARIS... stop #1

We began our journey in Paris. After the LONG flight from LAX (just over 10 hours) and the hassel of getting to the hotel, because who packs light when they are traveling for 3 weeks. We set out on foot to explore Paris. Our Hotel was near the Louvre so we were pretty centrally located, although I think that you can get anywhere in Paris either by foot or by the Metro. What a great city!

Jared and I fell in love instantly with Paris. The architecture, the atmosphere and the vibe of the city resonated through our freezing bodies. Paris in winter... what a time to visit.



Our first site was the Eiffel Tower... of course! You can't go to Paris and simply not go to the Eiffel Tower first! By the time we arrived at the Tower it was dark, so when we got to the top we were able to see the city lights. What a view! The most exciting moment at the Tower was when it started blinking like a thousand little Christmas lights were strung throughout the steel. What a beautiful site!



This is a picture of me on top of the Eiffel Tower... in the background you can see the Arc de Triomphe.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see more photos! I hope all is well. Can't wait to make it down to California again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny!! Can't wait to see more pictures so I can live vicariously thru you!! Happy (belated) b-day!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-hoooooo! Welcome to blogging sista!! I can't wait to see the rest of your trip!!! At first glance of the pic of you on top of the tower, I thought "Who's this lasy with the fluffy dark hair?" oops, I'm tired, what can I say!?

    ReplyDelete