Friday, February 27, 2009

Introducing... THE MAASAI MARA

This was one of the AMAZING parts of the trip, and trust me there are more to come. I have never been anywhere so fascinating before in my life! Nature at it's purest state of being... INCREDIBLE!

After the quick flight, just about an hour, from Nairobi to the Mara the very first thing we saw was...The Maasai Giraffe!




From the "airport" (ok it was more like a dirt runway in the middle of nowhere) we loaded into our Safari Vehicles and headed to camp. This was the crucial point of the entire trip... because whomever you choose to be in your car with you was with you during the entire duration of the safari. If you choose poorly you most likely wouldn't have had nearly as much fun as we did in our vehicle! Because, in our humble opinion, we had THE BEST CAR EVER!!!!



There is Penny, a dear and close family friend who has known Jared since he was a baby. Then our 2 newest members to join the "family" Patrik and Eric. Once we met there was NO hope for the two of them... they just fit into our little group and since they live here in LA they naturally became a part of the bigger group.

The first INCREDIBLE memory I have was of a mama cheeta and her 2 baby cubs. She was just doing her motherly duties when we came along...I'll let the pictures tell the story.











That is the mama cheeta with her kill and her 2 little ones hanging out under the vehicle for shade!

6 comments:

  1. You are making miss Africa....I am so itching to go back! I am glad you are getting to experience it. You are are going to fall in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to see that you have a blog...It looks like the vacation was amazing. Cannot wait to see/read about more.. Chat with you later. Jamie (Kevin’s wife)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am completely GREEN with envy! I would've died!! I would've been the big baby crying over how beautiful these animals were. WOW! I can't stop looking at the pictures. By the way, when you commented on Edgar Sawtelle, you called Edgar, "Edward" and I laughed so hard! Who's on your mind Mrs. Cullen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...amazing pictures. Can't wait to see and hear more about your trip!!
    Karen

    PS...utahosb is my brother Scott not some stranger following your blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What amazing things to witness first hand...Now I won't have to watch Nature on PBS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those are some great pictures! can't wait to see and hear more about your trip,it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete